Saturday, March 10, 2012

                                    Simple Homemade Beauty Recipes




     I've been experimenting with homemade beauty products recently. I've found it to be a lot cheaper, and I always know what's in them. Plus I have everything I need right in my kitchen. One thing that I've learned in the short time I have been making my own beauty products is this: Olive oil is the mother of all homemade beauty products. Seriously. You can use it for just about anything. Hair masks, face masks, make-up removers,face moisturizer, etc.In fact, almost every recipe I've tried so far that I like contains olive oil. I'm going to post a few EXTREMELY simple recipes with extremely simple ingredients that have worked for me. I'll be trying and posting a lot more recipes, but for now I'm only going to post a few easy ones that I've tried and like. I like to start simple. If you try any of these recipes let me know how they turn out by posting in the comments section or even on my face book page(http://www.facebook.com/LittleGreenKisses). Or if you have any homemade beauty recipes you'd like to share I'd love to hear them.
     
 Make-up Remover: -Milk 
                           -Pour a small amount of milk onto wash cloth or you can use cotton balls.
                           -Wash your face with the wash cloth (gently but thoroughly). 
                           -Rinse your face with water. 
                           -That's it. :)


 Eye Make-up Remover: -Olive oil.
                                  -Put a small amount of olive oil onto a cotton ball  
                                 -apply it to your eyes. 
   * Notes:Use it as you would any other eye make-up remover. Don't worry about getting it into your eyes because it doesn't hurt (although I don't recommend it). 
       
Hair Mask: -2 eggs
                 -4 tbsp. Olive oil
                 - Put the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
                 - Apply it to your hair (Be sure to get ALL of your hair)
                 -Put a shower cap on 
                 -Let it set for about 15-20 minutes
                 -Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water
        
   * Notes:Okay, I know this gets a little messy, but it works. It makes your hair VERY soft. 
               
Face Mask:- Cornmeal 
                 -Water
                 -In a bowl, put enough cornmeal to cover your entire face.
                 -Add a little bit of water
                 -Mix cornmeal and water until it forms s thick paste. Add as much water or 
                  cornstarch as needed             
                 -Rub (gently) onto your face in a circular motion
                 -Leave on for about 15 minutes or until completely dry
                 -Rinse off with cold water 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment